Membership Terms & Conditions
1. The Electrolyte Club (EC) is referring to the administrative and managerial team of Electrolyte Magazine who control and organise all aspects of the Electrolyte Club membership Scheme
2. An Electrolyte Club Member (ECM) is defined as the person who registers for membership with the Electrolyte Magazine website (www.electrolytemagazine.com) and whose membership is validated by a successful payment of a membership fee, paid every six months.
3. Cinema and events offers are only valid at The Electric Cinema (herein referred to as The Electric Cinema) unless otherwise mentioned on the terms.
4. Membership is valid only for the named holder and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and has no cash value.
5. Membership is only valid for persons aged 18 or over.
6. Membership requires the holder to provide EC with their full name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth and bank details.
7. Membership may take up to five working days to activate after registration. A Member’s Pack, including a unique membership card will be posted to members within seven workings days of registration.
8. The membership is valid for six months from the date of purchase. After six months members will receive a reminder email that their membership is due to expire. Membership will be automatically renewed for a further six months if no action is taken.
9. By signing up to the Electrolyte Club the member consents to receive regular emails relating to films, events and offers as well as a notification when your membership is due to expire. The member’s details will not be passed on to any third parties.
10. Electrolyte Club reserves the right to withdraw any offers with local and national partners from the Membership benefits.
11. If a membership card is lost or stolen, the member should notify email@example.com as soon as possible. We will then allow one replacement card to be issued free of charge. The replacement of any additional cards thereafter will incur a £5 per replacement card administration fee.
12. EC Management reserves the right to terminate or not issue any individual membership or membership request at their discretion.
1. A member may cancel their membership at any time and for any reason.
2. The member must give a minimum of fourteen days written notice for a cancellation to take place. This notice of cancellation may be sent to The Electric Cinema, 47-49 Station Street, Birmingham, B5 4DY or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The member’s account will be closed on or around the date requested by the member and any accrued Sofa Points or pre booked members events will be cancelled. Once closed, membership cannot be reopened although a member may apply for a new membership, forfeiting any accrued “sofa points” in any previous membership.
4. No refund will be given in the event of a cancelled membership.
5. EC reserves the right to terminate any membership account in the event of fraud, false declarations or falsifications in registration, an irregularity in payment or failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Concession Price on Standard Seats
1. A member is entitled to purchased or advance book a standard seat ticket for any advertised screening or event at The Electric Cinema at a concessionary rate (this includes live theatre and other special events which have a concessionary rate). The concessionary rate is whatever is advertised as on The Electric Cinema’s website at the time of purchase. The concessionary rate price can change at the cinema’s discretion without notice.
2. To purchase tickets or collect pre booked tickets for any show, a member must present a valid Electrolyte Club membership card at The Electric Cinema box office.
3. Tickets are always subject to availability; membership does not guarantee the member a seat.
4. All reservations are subject to The Electric Cinema’s standard terms and conditions, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, which supersede that of The Electric Cinema.
1. Certain features will become available through the Electrolyte website before going on general release through The Electric Cinema’s website.
2. Advance booking may be offered to members on select events, at the sole discretion of the Electrolyte Club. The number of tickets that are available to book in advance for each performance and the duration of advanced booking will be at the discretion of EC.
3. Members will be notified by email when features become available for priority booking.
4. Any reservations made through priority booking will be subject to The Electric Cinema’s standard terms and conditions.
Discounted Private Hires
1. Members can receive a 20% discount against the hire fee of any private hire at The Electric Cinema.
2. The discount relates to the hire fee only and does not include any purchase made at the bar during the event, or any catering, or any agreed additions to the hire.
3. The hire fee is agreed before purchase by The Electric Cinema’s manager or authorised employees. The hire fee is subject to change at the discretion of The Electric Cinema’s manager.
4. Members wishing to receive the discount must confirm their membership number in the initial inquiry.
5. Private hires are subject to availability and always need to be negotiated and agreed by the Electric Cinema’s manager.
6. CE Membership is not a guarantee to be able to hold private events.
7. To see details and terms and conditions of The Electric Cinema’s private hires visit http://www.theelectric.co.uk/hire. Any private hire is subject to all of The Electric Cinema’s standard terms and conditions.
1. By purchasing a sofa ticket, members accrue Sofa Points that can be used to redeem free sofa tickets for features and events at The Electric Cinema
2. A sofa ticket is defined as any single Front Row Sofa ticket or any Back Row Sofa ticket.
3. Once 20 Sofa Points have been accrued a member will receive an email issuing them a unique voucher code that can be redeemed for a free Back Row Sofa for two people for any ordinary film screening. The voucher code can be redeemed online or by phoning The Electric Cinema box office (0121 643 7879)
4. An ordinary film screening excludes any screenings with increased tickets prices, for example any alternative content performance (e.g. RSC, National Theatre, operas, ballet), any Film Food Club or Wine Tastings events or any private hires/events.
5. Sofa Points can only be redeemed if there are sofa seats available for the screening in question; if the screening in question is already open for booking to the general public, membership does not automatically ensure you receive a sofa seat.
6. Certain free list suspended films will be exempt from both the free sofa seats earned with the Sofa Points system and any free ticket offer; these films will be clearly labeled as such on The Electric Cinema website.
7. A new voucher code will be automatically issued for every 20 Sofa Points a member accrues.
8. Any reservations made with Sofa Points will be subject to The Electric Cinema’s standard terms and conditions.
Changes to Membership Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time at the discretion of the Electrolyte Club. The annual membership fee may change from time to time at the discretion of the Electrolyte Club. Members will be informed when these changes are implemented.